New to Pickleball or Experienced Player new to Tellico Village? Either way, WELCOME to the Tellico Village Pickleball Club.
If you are just joining us and have prior pickleball experience, email or call our Evaluations Director – Joan Bowen, firstname.lastname@example.org (865-408-1235 ), with your name, email, phone number, and current rating.
If you are new to Pickleball — Read On!
New Player Classes
We have developed an Introductory Class for new players. The goal of these classes is to give you a basic understanding of the game, provide you with the skills necessary to play and get you on the courts quickly. The classes are free and we provide all the necessary pickleball equipment.
The Introductory Class consists of 2 class sessions, both held at the Wellness Center pickleball courts, in the same week. The initial session will be held on a Monday and the second and final session will be held the following Wednesday. The dates of the class sessions will be determined by signup demand. Players signing up will be notified well in advance of the training dates.
Our volunteer instructors will teach you the rules, basic shots and some game strategies. We require attendance at both sessions in order to “graduate.” At the end of the final session you will be assigned a skill level based on observations of your play by the volunteer instructors and lead instructor.
Upon completion of the training class sessions you will be eligible to join the Tellico Village Pickleball Club (TVPBC). Club membership allows the newly rated player to participate in all scheduled sessions correlating with your skill level, including additional training sessions in our Skills & Drills (signup required.)
If you have any questions, please email the Director of Training.
NOTE: As per the Recreation Dept. rules, our classes are only open to Tellico Village Property owners or residents and you must be a member of the Recreation Dept. or pay the daily fee.
- To sign up for New Player Orientation Class, click on the “sign up here” link at the top of this page.
- You will be contacted by the Training Director by email and assigned dates for your class. You are required to attend all training classes.
- On class days please arrive at the Wellness Center pickleball courts ON TIME. Please notify the lead instructor or Training Director in advance if you are unable to attend your scheduled class sessions.
- Dress appropriately for an athletic event. Shorts, t-shirt and good court shoes (no running shoes) are suggested. Water bottles and towel are also recommended.
- Please wear a name tag if you have one.