Policies and Procedures
Tellico Village Pickleball Club
Policies and Procedures
Tellico Village Pickleball Club (TVPBC)
Policies and Procedures
I. Membership (requirements must be met)
- Members must be a property owner or registered resident of Tellico Village or Rarity Bay.
- Members must have a current Wellness Center membership or use guest passes from the Rec Department.
- Players must have skill level assignments or prior-experience evaluation made by TVPBC Evaluation Director.
- Members pay $10 per calendar year.
- The payment deadline is January 1st of the current year.
- Non-payment of dues by March 1 will result in terminated membership.
- New members joining after November 1st must pay $10 dues, which will cover both the remainder of current year and following calendar year.
- Dues are paid at Chota Recreation Center front desk or mailed to
TVPBC c/o Chota Rec Cente, 145 Awohili Drive, Loudon, TN 37774
- Board of Directors may raise dues with 30-day written notice to the membership.
- Players who are not Wellness Center members, regardless of Club membership status, must pay daily guest fees or use current valid guest passes.
- Daily guest passes must be presented at the front desk of the Wellness Center prior to play.
All players—members, property owners and guests—must sign-in (name and skill designation) on the sign-in sheets located in mailboxes adjacent to courts for each play session. Players may sign in more than once per day. Members who do not have Wellness Center membership must purchase guest passes and check in at Wellness Center desk.
IV. Dress Code
- Name tags are encouraged.
- Proper outdoor court sport attire is required (shorts, sweatpants, leggings, tights, sweatshirts, t-shirts, warm-ups).
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Proper court shoes must be worn (not allowed: dark-soled shoes or other soles that mark courts, sandals, open-toed shoes).
V. Court Use
- Players must have skill level assignments or prior-experience evaluation made by TVPBC Evaluation Director to play in club level play.
- Club-scheduled play follows:
- Schedules are developed by the TVPBC Board of Directors in coordination with Wellness Center management.
- Members or guests must be approved by the TVPBC Evaluation Director.
- Guests can play at levels with sponsorship of a TVPBC board member or approval of a TVPBC board member for up to one week. Guests who will play beyond one week must join TVPBC.
- Skill-level group times are posted seasonally on the Club web page (tvpbc-gameon.org), on the court bulletin board, at Chota Recreation Center, and at the Wellness Center front desks.
- Open-to-Reserve: Reservations begin 8 days prior to date of reservation through the Wellness Center web site accessed through Tellico Life.
- Open Play: All Club members, Wellness Center members, Tellico Village residents, property owners and guests may play with no reservations.
- Special Events require advanced approval by the TVPBC Board of Directors and Recreation Department.
VI. Player Skill Levels
- Skill-level designation is required during scheduled play times.
- Specific definitions for each skill level can be found on the Club web site (tvpbc-gameon.org) under Player Development—Skill Assessment Form and Player Advancement.
- Initial skill levels will be determined at New Player Orientation Classes for players with limited or no experience or by the Evaluations Director for new players having prior experience.
- Should a player feel the need to move to a lower level, the player should notify the Evaluation Director of the desire to lower club rating level.
VII. Court Rules
All members must follow Club policies and Wellness Center policies, or they may face suspension from club play and events at the discretion of the TVPBC Board.
- Spectators are not allowed on courts during play.
- When courts at a scheduled time are fully occupied, and 7 or more players are waiting, players move to 4 on 4 off system.
- Players play at the designated skill levels unless invited to fill a vacancy; however, player levelling prevails when enough players arrive.
- Players should show common courtesy and respect for all players.
- Players and spectators should limit court noise.
- Players should arrive promptly for scheduled group times:
- designated skill level players have priority during their specific group times;
- other skill levels may play on unoccupied courts after group time begins until designated skill-level players arrive.
- Players must exit courts by outside gates to avoid interrupting play in progress.
- Players use paddle rack system to determine next-to-play.
- Players must refrain from vulgar/offensive language and excessive arguing:
- offenders will be asked to leave;
- temporary play restriction may be imposed;
- incidents will be reported to the Wellness Center;
- suspension (minimum 45 days) or expulsion from the club may be imposed in extreme cases.
VIII. Court Etiquette (detailed description)
- Leave the court promptly when your court time expires.
- Exit courts by outside gates to avoid interrupting play in progress.
- When courts are full and players are waiting, use paddle rack system to determine next-to-play (see posted instructions courtside)
- Introduce yourself to new players.
- Call the score audibly.
- Wait for all players to be ready before serving.
- Avoid giving coaching advice.
- Don’t “play keep away” in recreational play.
- Call “Ball on Court” when a stray ball appears on your court.
- Avoid disputing ball calls.
- Compliment good shots.
- Practice good sportsmanship.
- Practice the Golden Rule.
- Paddle tap after every game
IX. Alcohol Policy
Our club is committed to the responsible consumption of alcohol. All members will abide by the POA policy on alcohol.
- Alcohol will be limited to the areas outside the fenced-in pickleball courts at the Wellness Center.
- Alcohol is prohibited on the courts.
- Each participant will ensure that all containers are cared for and disposed of in the provided trash and recycling containers.
- In case of any breakage, the responsible group will ensure the area is cleaned.
- This alcohol policy is a privilege granted by the Recreation Department and can be suspended or revoked at any time.
- Players should keep courts clean, uncluttered, and safe for play.
- secure all personal items outside the fence;
- hang court rollers and brooms on hooks on back side of bleachers when not in use;
- hang wet towels to dry on fences and/or bleachers away from the parking lot;
- return dried towels to storage bins as soon as possible;
- properly dispose of trash;
- keep glass and other breakable containers off the courts.
- Pickleballs are supplied by the club:
- return pickleballs to canisters between courts after use;
- members may supply their own balls if desired.
- Storage bins are located outside the courts at each end and contain extra pickleballs, towels for drying courts, and lost and found.
- Clean ball machines and return to the designated storage bin after use and plug in the charger.
- Turn off fans and lights before leaving premises.
- Play after 10:00 p.m. or before 6 a.m. is prohibited.
XI. Emergency Procedures
- First aid kits are located on each court.
- Injured player protocol follows:
- Report all injuries to Wellness Center staff.
- Determine if ice, water, rest, first aid or ambulance is needed,
- If necessary, call 911 or ask Wellness Center staff to call an ambulance.
XII. Vendors and Instructors
Vendors and instructors must be approved by the POA prior to arrival.
XIII. Indoor Pickleball Courts Chota Recreation Center gymnasium.
- Portable pickleball nets/balls are stored in gym storage closet.
- Key to storage closet at Rec Center is located at the front desk.
- Current Recreation Center Gym Schedule prevails.